Upgrading to a new furnace will help reduce your energy bills and pay for itself in a short time. A well-maintained one can last for more than 20 years but typically starts losing its efficiency after a decade or so. Repairs can prolong its lifespan and may seem cheaper than paying a lump sum for furnace replacement. However, it is important to consider the cost of current as well as future fixes when making this decision.
So how do you know when your heater is on its way out? The HVAC specialists at Comfort Solutions point out some telltale signs that it is time to replace your furnace.
5 Signs You May Need a New Furnace
- Rising energy bills: Often, high gas and electricity bills can be indicative of a failing furnace.Many lose their efficiency as the years wear on, as well as due to neglect. As a result, they will run longer and use more energy to heat up your home.
- Thermostat wars: Do you find yourself adjusting the thermostat all the time? Do some rooms feel warmer or colder than others? Inconsistent heating and unequal air distribution point to a struggling furnace.
- Constant repairs: Do you have the furnace repair technician on speed dial?Frequent repairs and part replacements can cost hundreds of dollars every year. And you can expect to be paying even more as your furnace ages! Investing in a new high-efficiency model might be more cost-effective when you calculate how much you have spent on repairs over the last two or three years.
- Strange or loud noises coming from your furnace: Banging, popping, squealing and rattling sounds when your furnace is starting up or running are signs that it may be time to replace it. Frequent cycling (turning on and off) or blowing of cold air are other indications you may soon need a new one.
- Age of the furnace: Changing your furnace does not have to be an emergency decision. If your heater is close to 15 years old, it is wise to plan for a new one. Start shopping and budgeting for a new heating system right away.
Aging furnaces can also be a safety and health hazard. If you or your family members have been getting sick more often, schedule a furnace inspection as soon as possible! Faulty heating can result in dry air and dust which is affecting your well-being.
At Comfort Solutions HVAC, we offer prompt installations and replacements. Our customized home comfort systems meet your needs and help you save on energy costs. Take advantage of our maintenance programs and skilled heating repair service to optimize its efficiency and lifespan. You can rely on our N.A.T.E. certified technicians to keep your Easton, PA home warm and comfortable for many winters.
Call us at 610-438-9300 for your furnace replacement appointment or request an estimate online.