Stay Cool For Less!
Energy-Saving Tips From HVAC Professionals
Does the warmer weather bring concerns about high air conditioning bills? Read these tips for lowering your energy usage without turning off your AC.
How to Lower Your Cooling Bills:
- Use ceiling fans: They disperse cool air generated by your air conditioner more efficiently. This will take the burden off your AC as well as your pocket. You can raise the temperature on your thermostat by a few degrees and still be comfortable.
- Install a programmable thermostat: According to the Department of Energy, you can save up to 10% annually by adjusting your temperature by seven to ten degrees for eight hours a day. With a programmable thermostat, you can easily set temperatures for when you are at home and away.
- Set your AC as high as possible: Energy Star recommends that for optimal cooling and energy efficiency, you should set your thermostat to 78° F. Increase temperature to 82° F when you are asleep and to 85° F when you are away. According to Consumer Reports, raising temperatures by even 1°F will help you save 3% on your cooling bill.
- Seal your windows and doors: Leaks from the weather stripping and caulking around your windows and doors make your air conditioner work harder. Warm air finds its way in and cool air escapes easily through these gaps.
- Replace your HVAC filters: Air filters help your AC run smoothly by preventing dust from entering the system. A dirty filter impacts equipment efficiency, forcing it to work harder and longer.
- Keep blinds and drapes closed: This will prevent sunlight from entering and heating up your house.
- Plant trees around your house: Trees provide shade from the sun and help keep your home cooler.
- Schedule an AC tune-up: A yearly service check will help detect and fix small problems before they become big and expensive issues. Regular maintenance also extends the lifespan of your machine.
The NATE Certified technicians at Comfort Solutions HVAC can advise you on how to lower your energy bills. Our furnace and AC maintenance services follow manufacturer and Energy Star recommendations to ensure your equipment delivers optimum performance.
We also offer air conditioner repairs, installations and replacements for Easton area residents. If your air conditioner is not operating as it should, contact the team at Comfort Solutions HVAC for a diagnostic appointment.
Call us at 610-438-9300 or request an estimate online for your AC maintenance appointment this winter.