Spring Cleaning Tips for Your AC
Maintenance Guide from the HVAC Team in Easton, PA
Getting ready to do some spring cleaning? Start with your air conditioner! An annual system checkup and cleaning can help identify and fix small issues avoiding a sudden breakdown at the peak of summer. In addition to comfortable temperatures, you will enjoy low cooling bills. Here are a few simple steps you can take to keep your system running smoothly and efficiently.
How to Maintain your AC
- Remove debris from around the system: Before you remove the AC cover, clear the surrounding area of any branches, dead leaves and debris.
- Check for leaks: Do a visual inspection of pipes and hoses both outside and inside for leaks.
- Clear the drain pan: Over time, mold and algae can accumulate in the drain pan. A plugged drain can damage the system as well as cause a flood.
- Clean the fins: Use the brush attachment on your vacuum to clean the fan cage before you take it off. Vacuum any dirt that may have collected inside the unit. Then gently clean the fins with a paint brush, taking care not to damage them.
- Change the blower filters: Check your furnace filter and change it if it is dirty. This keeps dust from accumulating in the evaporator coil fins.
- Schedule an AC tune-up: Proper maintenance by a qualified HVAC technician is the ideal way to optimize AC performance and service life. Studies show that without an annual tune-up, your cooling system can lose up to 5% efficiency every year. This can add up to significantly higher bills over the lifespan of your system.
The team at Comfort Solutions HVAC can help you maintain your AC so that you do not have to deal with high cooling bills and constant repairs. When your air conditioner is cleaned, maintained, and ready for use, the air quality inside your home improves too. Rest assured, each of our NATE Certified technicians is qualified to help you optimize unit efficiency. We can identify any potential issues and advise you about what might need repairing or replacing in the future, which helps to maximize the lifespan of the AC system.
Call us at 610-438-9300 or request an estimate online for your AC maintenance appointment this spring.