Understand the Advantages
If there is anything good that has come from COVID, it is that maintaining good air quality is on everyone’s minds right now. As we began to understand how easily airborne pathogens can spread within homes, apartments and offices, we also realized just how poor our air quality may have been up until now. You would be surprised to learn just how many airborne particulates, pollutants and other potential irritants there are in your home, even if you live in a place with relatively clean air. For a lot of people, air purifiers are a no-brainer purchase, essential for keeping the air in your home clean and allergen-free.
5 Things to Know About Air Purifiers
There are a lot of air purifiers on the market, and each has its own unique advantages and disadvantages depending on your specific needs. Here are 5 important things to know before purchasing your air purifier:
- Why they are worth the investment: The human body is particularly sensitive to air particulates and contaminants such as dust, mold spores or air pollutants. Especially if you live in a densely populated area, use a wood fireplace, have pets, and use gas appliances, you may be surprised by how many particulates there are in your home at any given time. These particulates can exacerbate stuffiness, sneezing, allergies, asthma, and other respiratory illnesses. An air purifier offers an ideal solution, as it actively circulates your home’s air through its systems to help remove harmful particles and keep you healthier.
- Choosing the right size: Different purifiers will be better suited to different homes. If you want a mobile solution which you can move with you from room to room, then buying something smaller would make sense. However, if you want a purifier suited to a large apartment or even your entire home, then a much larger system will be needed. When buying, be sure to check what sized room a purifier is recommended for or speak to an expert about which solution is best suited to your needs.
- Features to look out for: Among the most important factors while choosing an air purifier is the Energy Star certification. This shows that the system will not use excessive amounts of electricity while cleaning your air, saving you money in utility bills. Other features worth considering are wi-fi enabled systems which can be controlled from your phone and often offer real-time information about your air quality. Additionally, ease of use features such as remote controls, wheels or handles are useful too.
- Where to put it in your house: Typically, an air purifier should be in the areas of your home where you spend the most time. Quite often, this is the bedroom, where clean air can have a significant impact on the quality of your sleep. If you also have a home office or living room where you spend a lot of time, investing either in multiple units, or a portable one is a wise idea.
- Maintenance: Depending on the type of air purifier, the only maintenance it will need (with the exception of unexpected breakdowns) is replacing the filters. How long these last varies from purifier to purifier, while some instead use heat and UV light to clean the air, meaning that they will not need ongoing maintenance.
Understanding the best solutions for keeping the air in your home clean can be a bit overwhelming, which is why it is always best to first consult a skilled HVAC technician. At Comfort Solutions, our team of experts has extensive experience to help our customers choose the ideal air purification methods for keeping their homes clean and free of harmful particles or pollutants. We take pride in our commitment to providing the best in customer service to our community, which includes 24/7 emergency services if needed.
Discover the best air purification solution for your home by consulting with the team of experts at Comfort Solutions. Call us at 610-438-9300 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.