When we think about household chores, tasks such as vacuuming and dusting comes to mind. We perform these chores regularly to keep our house clean so that we aren’t breathing in air pollutants. However, upkeeping a home and the air quality within goes beyond simple cleaning tasks. Part of homeownership is taking care of the infrastructure within your home, such as your HVAC unit. Your HVAC unit is responsible for circulating clean air through your ventilation system and is easily looked past because it is out of sight, out of mind. Neglecting your furnace, AC unit, and vents can produce a host of costly issues that put your health and home at risk. From poor air quality to electrical fire hazards, the importance of regular HVAC maintenance is paramount.
Protect Your Family and Home with Regular HVAC Service Appointments
An HVAC system is one of the more expensive investments a homeowner will make in their lifetime. For this reason, protecting the integrity of your units and ventilation system is critical to ensure you don’t face expensive repairs, accelerated deterioration and increased air pollution. Getting in the habit of practicing good HVAC maintenance habits will provide you with the assurance that you’re breathing in the best quality air possible.
At Comfort Solutions HVAC, we understand the importance of keeping your family safe and healthy. Scheduling AC maintenance, furnace maintenance or a duct cleaning service can improve system efficiency, purify the air inside your home and eliminate potential safety hazards or health threats. Having an HVAC professional perform a maintenance checkup should be a preventative step rather than a reactionary measure to a break or fault.
Keep Your Energy Bills Low and HVAC System Lifespan High
An HVAC technician can provide you with a comprehensive overview, inspection and cleaning of your HVAC system to maximize system efficiency. Booking an HVAC servicing can ensure that your unit isn’t drawing unnecessary energy. When your furnace or AC struggles to filter and circulate air, it causes the internal parts to work harder and thus endure more wear and tear. Not only does this increase your monthly energy bills, but it can also result in poor air quality and detrimental failures.
To avoid an HVAC emergency, contacting an expert is always the safest choice. When your HVAC system is operating at its best with lubricated parts and clear passageways, clean air can flow without struggle, ultimately promoting system longevity.
What Does Regular HVAC Maintenance Look Like?
- Changing furnace filters: This should be done once every 1-2 months.
- Cleaning air vents and passageways: Scheduling a professional air duct cleaning can optimize air flow and air quality.
- Cleaning and oiling furnace and AC unit parts: While you may be able to vacuum or dust some parts on your own, it’s advisable to trust someone with the expertise and professional knowledge to get the job done right.
- Replacing broken or worn components: Similar to filters, certain parts may need replacing if necessary, such as pulleys and belts. The more maintenance you perform, the less likely parts are to break.
- Sealing air duct leaks and air duct replacements: Over time, your ventilation system may become susceptible to corrosion or gaps, seams, and cracks. Using a humidifier can eliminate moisture that leads to corrosion.
- Running tests and performing a thorough inspection: This may include listening for abnormal sounds, sniffing for unusual odors, or using a flashlight to get a closer look at internal parts.
Boost your HVAC system’s life expectancy with a professional maintenance checkup today. Call 610-438-9300 for a consultation or contact us online to get in touch with our trained technicians at Comfort Solutions HVAC.