Your Home Comfort Specialists in Easton, PA discuss the Benefits
When it comes to managing household expenses, most of us keep a close eye on the various maintenance charges and utility bills that we incur each month. Not only do we try to stay within budget, we are always looking for ways to bring down our consumption and costs on a variety of aspects.
A typical U.S. household spends $2,060 each year on energy bills alone.
- Approximately 43% of this amount goes into HVAC systems.
- About 24% into lighting and appliances, including refrigerator, washer, dryer, and dishwasher.
- Over 20% into electronics, such as television, telephone, computers, laptops, home office equipment and other small appliances.
- The remaining 13% is for water heating.
Controlling energy consumption is not only good for your wallet, but also promotes environment-friendly practices and reduces your carbon footprint. While there are various possibilities for bringing down your energy utilization, the specialists at Comfort Solutions HVAC advise clients to take simple steps, such as:
- Use energy efficient light bulbs
- Plug in electronics into smart power strips that power off devices when not in use
- Set your thermostat to scale back heating and cooling when you are away or asleep
- Replace old electronics with updated variants that offer intelligent, energy efficient features
Upgrading to appliances that have an ENERGY STAR® label on them is one of the easiest ways to lower your energy bills by up to 35% each year.
Top 3 Benefits of ENERGY STAR® Appliances
- Efficiencies: One of the key features of ENERGY STAR® rated appliances is that they consume minimal amounts of energy and can sustain under lower temperatures or settings, without compromising efficiency or functionality of their core tasks.
- Savings: Whether you buy energy efficient appliances, make energy conserving home improvements, or form consumption conscious habits, every action will save you thousands of dollars in your utility bills. For example, check which five light fixtures you use most often at home, and replace their regular bulbs with ENERGY STAR® rated bulbs. This simple step can help you save $75 each year. Adjust the thermostat settings of your energy-efficient HVAC system to modify the heating or cooling when you are out of the house. This can save you approximately $180 over the course of a year.
- Rebates: If you purchase appliances that are ENERGY STAR® certified, you may also be eligible for tax credits and rebates offered by your local electric and gas companies. For example, by purchasing an ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerator, you can save over $270 over the next five years, and also earn a rebate of up to $75. Moreover, you will have plenty of options while selecting energy efficient appliances. Today, there are over 2,800 electronic products and appliances from 170 manufacturers that qualify as ENERGY STAR® certified.
At Comfort Solutions HVAC, we believe that energy conservation positively impacts your personal finances, ecological factors and the overall development of the economy. We offer a range of ENERGY STAR® certified heating and cooling solutions with high-quality installations that help you save on your monthly utility bills and reduce emissions and your carbon footprint. Our N.A.T.E certified technicians will review your home’s living space, layout and ductwork to offer tailor-made solutions that integrate structure, functionality and aesthetic appeal. For efficient installations, prompt maintenance and 24X7 emergency repair services, count on the professionals at Comfort Solutions HVAC.
Looking for fast, reliable and energy efficient heating and cooling solutions in and around the Eastern PA region? Call us at 610-438-9300, or contact us online to request an estimate.