Tips and Suggestions from Your HVAC Experts in Easton, PA
Between decorating for fall and planning for the upcoming festivities, you may not even realize that the countdown to holiday season has already begun. If you are hosting a Thanksgiving meal this year, there is much to plan and organize. After all, it is not just about preparing an enormous feast for a host of family members and friends. Besides cooking, you may have to review a number of other arrangements for entertaining a large group of people in your home.
At Comfort Solutions HVAC, we are excited about the holiday season ahead! While our skilled technicians specialize in installation, repairs and maintenance of heating and cooling systems, their ultimate objective is making each home comfortable for its occupants. Read on for some tips on hosting a comfortable and cozy Thanksgiving meal.
Tricks to Up Your Home’s ‘Comfort’ Quotient for Thanksgiving
Entertaining a big group for a Thanksgiving meal is not an easy task. While some of you may be pros at cooking up a storm, others may find it stressful to put together an elaborate meal. These tips can help you create a memorable, hassle-free Thanksgiving feast:
- Consult with your family and plan the menu well in advance. If you are a newbie at hosting Thanksgiving meals, consider making it is a potluck meal, where every guest can contribute to the feast.
- Make a thorough list of all the ingredients you need. Save yourself time, fuel and energy on multiple trips for groceries.
- If you are spreading out the meal prep over several days before Thanksgiving, prioritize your refrigerator space based on items that require freezing or refrigeration. This includes the type of jars or containers you use to store your prepped foods.
- Plan your cooking sequence and keep a handy list of the time that each item needs in the oven or on the stove top. Once your turkey begins roasting, there is not a lot else you can do with your oven for the next few hours.
- Make arrangements to keep the food warm. Choose your pots, pans and serving dishes wisely, since you may need to use the microwave oven for serving a piping hot meal.
With the right planning and coordination, it is easier to create the most spectacular meal for Thanksgiving. You can make the daunting task of post-meal cleanup a little easier by assigning responsibilities and delegating within the family.
Keep in mind, however, that the comfort of your guests depends on more than just the meal. Here are some tips to get your home ready for entertaining:
- Plan for indoor entertainment: As far as possible, plan all your activities and arrangements indoors. If people are constantly moving in and out, your home may not be able to retain adequate heat to keep everyone warm on a cold day.
- Adjust the thermostat: When you are expecting a large crowd, and your oven is constantly working, the indoor temperature may remain on the higher side throughout the day. Consider turning down the heat while you have people over. This will not only help you save a few dollars on your energy bills, but also ensure that your guests are comfortable indoors.
- Change the filters: If you have not changed your furnace filters in a while, it may be worthwhile to replace them just before Thanksgiving. In addition to helping you and your guests breathe easier, a new filter will make your home smell fresh, and boost the performance of your furnace.
Do all the heavy lifting ahead of time, and host a successful Thanksgiving feast. The tasty meal and a safe and cozy home are just what your guests are craving. If you haven’t yet scheduled a maintenance service for your furnace, count on the licensed and qualified technicians at Comfort Solutions HVAC. Our affordable preventative maintenance programs help you avoid expensive repairs, while reducing your energy consumption and keeping your home warm and comfortable. We also offer emergency 24/7 after-hours support to residents throughout Eastern PA and the surrounding areas of NJ.
Ensure that your home heating system functions optimally as you get ready to welcome family and friends this Thanksgiving holiday. Call us at 610-438-9300 to book a service appointment or request an estimate online.