How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
A home is a place that provides comfort at the end of a busy day and where you often create special memories with your family. Over the years, it’s likely you’ve put in a lot of time and money when it comes to decorating and organizing your home to your tastes, but have you ever invested in improving your indoor air quality? It’s easy to forget that having clean, healthy air is not a given – even inside the home. However, it is an extremely important component in ensuring your house is a safe and comfortable space.
At Comfort Solutions HVAC, we take air quality seriously. That’s why we provide you with a wide-range of solutions to address many of your indoor air quality concerns. From air filtration systems to humidification, we offer the latest products and services to purify the air in your home and make it a safer and more comfortable place to live.
5 Tips for Achieving Good Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor air quality is usually at its worst in the winter time since windows are closed, eliminating the flow of fresh air from outside. This stale, indoor air creates an ideal environment for allergens to circulate throughout the home, so it’s important to be aware of the various allergy and respiratory triggers that may be lingering about. However, you should always be taking proactive steps to improve the air quality in your home, no matter the season. Here are a few helpful tips to help you achieve this goal:
- Ventilate: It’s extremely important to bring fresh air into your home whenever possible. Good ventilation allows pollutants like dust, smoke, moisture and carbon dioxide to get out. This could be as easy as opening windows and using your kitchen and bathroom fans.
- Change Your AC Filters: Your AC Unit is always working to establish a comfortable temperature throughout the home all year round. Most systems contain an air filter that removes pollen and impurities from the air, but overtime, as particles build up, they will lose their effectiveness, which can result in significant dips in overall air quality. Ensuring you change your filters based on the brand’s guidance will drastically help to improve your air quality.
- Keep Bedding and Textiles Clean: It is very natural for your bedding and other textiles which come in close contact with you to build up dust particles and dead skin cells. If you find you are waking up in the morning with congestion, a scratchy throat or other discomfort, it may be a sign that it is time to do the laundry!
- Grow Indoor Plants: For the same reason the air in the forest feels cleaner, having plants indoors can do wonders for the air quality of a room. Plants are natural filters for pollution and other particles which may be harmful to your long-term health, especially if you live in the city.
- Control Your Humidity: Humid spaces are prone to mold growth and other air impurities, particularly in older buildings that aren’t as well ventilated. By taking steps to regulate your humidity to make it dryer in the summer and more humid in the winter, you can positively impact the air quality of your home and improve overall wellness.
Keeping the air quality in your home as pure and healthy as possible requires a commitment to regular preventive maintenance. Fortunately, the safety and comfort of your family can vastly improve by implementing these strategies which help to ensure you are breathing in the cleanest indoor air as possible. If you need help managing your indoor air quality, consider reaching out to a Comfort Solutions HVAC professional. We offer a wide range of air quality services that include air cleaner repairs, on-going maintenance, filtration replacements and more, to make sure you can breathe easy at home.
Get expert advice for improving your indoor air quality from the HVAC professionals at Comfort Solutions. Call us at 610-438-9300 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.