What Do I Need to Do to Prepare My Furnace?
Fall is on its way, and with it, colder weather. Cooler temperatures may be your preference, but freezing is no fun! Before you celebrate the chill in the air, you need to have a certified HVAC technician complete a furnace update. This is necessary for you and your family’s safety. It is better to take care of your furnace maintenance tasks before the temperature begins to drop. A faulty furnace will leave you in the cold and can be detrimental to your health. So, what needs to be done to prepare your furnace for the cold? Read on to learn more in our breakdown below:
- Schedule a service appointment – A certified HVAC technician is the only professional that should handle your furnace affairs. Yearly maintenance is necessary to ensure your furnace is in proper working order.
- Replace your filters – A dusty air filter could spell trouble for your furnace. By replacing your used, clogged filter with a clean one, you’ll prevent your furnace from working too hard to heat your home.
- Run the furnace – Even though frost is not on the ground yet, you want to check that your heating system is ready. Let your furnace run, so, if there is an issue, you can get ahead of it and call a professional before it’s too late.
- Check the vents – Your furnace needs room to breathe. Check the vents for debris and clean them for optimal airflow.
- Evaluate your thermostat – When you turn on your furnace, pay close attention to your thermostat. Is it working properly? If you are experiencing issues, you may need to replace it.
Why Prepare Your Furnace for Winter?
You may think that annual furnace maintenance appointments may seem unnecessary. But they are extremely important. Your furnace is a home comfort system that needs attention and updates to function. It is better to have an HVAC technician find something with a routine tune-up rather than when it is too late. Preparing your furnace for the upcoming cold weather has several perks, such as:
- Higher energy efficiency
- Saving money on high electric bills
- Security in a safe system that won’t leave you in the cold
- Improved heating ability
- Your heating system’s lifecycle is extended
Why is Regular Furnace Maintenance Important?
A furnace that is not properly heating should not be left unattended. Furnace maintenance is important to keep you and your family safe. Although most current furnaces have safeguards in place, there is a possibility for any model to leak carbon monoxide if there is an undetected fault. This is a dangerous gas that is not visible or scented, making it virtually impossible to tell if your leak has reached alarming levels. A carbon monoxide leak in your home can build up quickly and cause illness or death. Regular furnace checks are needed to keep your furnace safe, efficient, clean, and long-lasting.
If you don’t want to be left to brave the cold, Comfort Solutions can help you. We have licensed and insured HVAC specialists that can assist you with your furnace evaluation, repair, or installation. We will work hard to keep you comfortable and warm for the winter.
For more information, please call us at 610-438-9300 or contact us onlineto receive a free estimate and to schedule your furnace maintenance appointments.