Without proper maintenance, your HVAC system will work harder than necessary this winter. HVAC maintenance, including annual inspections and cleanings, can prevent excess wear and tear and ensure even heating throughout your home. In this blog post, our seasoned experts provide 5 compelling reasons to keep up with annual maintenance for your furnace, heat pump, mini-split or other HVAC system. You’ll also find actionable tips to maintain your heating system at peak efficiency.
The pros at Comfort Solutions HVAC provide outstanding heating services for customers in Easton, PA, and nearby communities in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Top 5 Reasons to Schedule Winter HVAC Maintenance
Follow a proactive approach to HVAC maintenance for your heating system so it can perform reliably, especially in colder weather. Our trained technicians evaluate your heater to formulate a customized plan that will optimize your home comfort — whether that means lubricating moving parts on your older system or testing the heating components of your new equipment.
Here are the 5 key reasons you should schedule HVAC maintenance in the winter.
- Lower your energy bills. Efficient heating systems use less energy, taking a bite out of rising energy costs.
- Improve home comfort. Reliable furnaces and other heating equipment maintain consistent temperatures throughout your home.
- Reduce pollution: Efficient HVAC systems use less energy, which means they produce fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
- Keep your furnace running for many years. Save money on replacement parts and keep your heat pump running longer with a little TLC.
- Breathe easier thanks to a clean HVAC system. With annual maintenance in the fall, you can safeguard your indoor air quality. Clean equipment and ductwork have less dust, pollen, and other contaminants that cause or aggravate respiratory issues.
Guidelines for an Efficient, Reliable Heating System
There are many things you can do to boost the health and well-being of your HVAC system with winter maintenance.
Here are a few ideas to reduce HVAC issues at your home in Easton:
- Clean the vents: Dust, dirt, and allergens in your ductwork exacerbate respiratory issues and interfere with airflow. Keeping the vents and ductwork clean is an important part of your winter maintenance plan.
- Inspect the indoor and outdoor units: Yearly service from Comfort Solutions HVAC provides the information you need to identify major issues early.
- Check your attic insulation: Adding insulation or replacing damaged insulation in the attic helps keeps your whole home warmer. It also saves you money on your energy bills.
- Install a programmable thermostat: Lower the heat during the day when you’re at work and turn it up from your phone so you come home to a toasty house. Our team can inspect your programmable or traditional thermostat as part of your winter preparations.
- Seal leaks around windows and doors: Drafts cause your HVAC system to work harder, leading to higher energy bills and less reliable heat.
- Change the air filter: Changing your air filter as recommended by the manufacturer will help ensure that your family has clean indoor air and a more reliable furnace or other heating solution.
Don’t wait until your new or legacy furnace breaks down in the dead of winter. Contact the pros at Comfort Solutions HVAC today to schedule HVAC maintenance and keep your system efficient and reliable!