Your Easton, PA HVAC Experts Discuss What to Expect during Installation
With just a distant humming sound in the background, your heating and cooling system silently performs its task and maintains ambient temperatures in your living spaces. Although it may not share the same visual appeal or take pride of place like your other electronics or appliances, in many ways, the HVAC system is the lifeline of a comfortable home.
Most properly installed and well-maintained systems may last fifteen to twenty years before they need any major repairs or upgrades. If this is the very first time that you have to replace your AC unit or HVAC system, you may not quite know what to expect. Hence, the experts at Comfort Solutions HVAC have put together all the information that may be useful to you before, during and after the installation.
Installing a New AC or Furnace? Here’s what to Expect
Whether you are replacing an old HVAC system that is beyond repair, or upgrading your current system to get a more energy-efficient option, here are some tip on what to expect while installing a new AC or furnace.
- Search for a reputed, reliable and licensed HVAC contractor by talking to family and friends, and looking at online reviews and testimonials before you request quotes.
- Be aware of basic terminology that HVAC contractors will use. For example,
- HSPF – Heating Season Performance Factor is the rating that defines the heat pump’s or furnace’s efficiency. The current standard mandated for new heat pumps is a minimum rating of 7.7.
- SEER – Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio denotes the efficiency of the cooling system. All new systems come with a minimum rating of 13.
- Typically, greater the value, more expensive the unit, but also better performance, and higher returns on your investment.
- Access: In order to speed up the process, keep the work areas free of clutter and make arrangement for your kids and pets to be in a safe, dust-free space. Easier the access for the HVAC installation crew, the faster they will be able to complete the work. Do keep in mind that crew members may need to also access the attic areas and crawl spaces, in addition to the basement.
- Duration: It takes 4 to 10 hours to install a new furnace and 4 to 8 hours for a new AC unit. For installing or replacing both portions of the HVAC system at the same time, expect anywhere between 8 to 14 hours. While most HVAC technicians try to complete the job within a day, if your home has complex ductwork, or any other specific requirements, the project may spill over into the next day.
- Protection and Safety: An experienced and professional crew will typically lay drop cloths and protective sheets over your flooring and heavy furniture. Moreover, they will bring their own tools and equipment, follow all the protocols to work safely, and ensure that there is no damage to your property.
Post Installation: After installing and conducting the necessary tests on your new HVAC unit, the technicians will:
- Explain to you the basic structure and operations of your system
- Familiarize you with the sounds to expect, or issues to watch out for in the early days
- Run you through the various thermostat programming options
With an upgraded system, you can start expecting improved air conditioning and heating, as well as lower utility bills, almost immediately.
At Comfort Solutions HVAC, we offer customized, energy-efficient home comfort systems to address your heating and cooling requirements, and help you achieve significant savings on your utility bills. We have been serving residents throughout Eastern PA and the surrounding areas of NJ, with accurate installations, routine maintenance and prompt repairs. Our N.A.T.E. certified technicians can advise you on selecting heating and cooling systems that best meet your needs and budget.
Looking for installation, repairs or tune up for your AC or furnace? Get in touch with the experts at Comfort Solutions HVAC. Call us at 610-438-9300 to book an appointment, or write to us online and request an estimate.