Tips From Your HVAC Team in Easton, PA
How do you know when you need a new air conditioner? While a regularly serviced unit will provide optimal service, even a well-maintained AC can run into problems. Here are some typical signs that it might be time to replace your air conditioner.
7 Signs It Is Time to Replace Your AC
- Inconsistent temperatures: Does your air conditioner cool some rooms while others remain hot? Uneven cooling could be a sign that your AC is on its way out.
- Poor air flow: Diminished air flow from your vents is typically an indication of compressor problems and that you might need a new AC. Call an experienced HVAC technician to have your unit checked.
- Strange sounds: Turn off your AC immediately if you hear unusual sounds like banging, grinding or squealing. Some parts could be broken or worn out. A heating and cooling professional can help you determine whether it needs repair or replacement.
- Humidity in your home: An important function of your air conditioner is to remove the excess moisture from your home. If you find it is humid even when the AC is on, replacement might be on the cards.
- The unit will not turn on: There could be a variety of reasons ranging from a faulty motor to the unit not receiving proper power supply, a defective electronic control board and problems with wiring. Call a repair technician, but be prepared to replace it if necessary.
- Frequent repairs: If you find yourself scheduling AC repairs more than once a year, purchasing a new high-performance model might be more cost-effective.
- Rising cooling bills: If your utility bills are going up and it is not because of increased AC usage, consider installing a new one. According to Energy Star, replacing a 10-year old model with a more efficient one can help reduce your electricity bills by 20 to 40%.
The NATE Certified technicians at Comfort Solutions HVAC can help you select and install an energy-efficient air conditioner. We have access to leading brands that provide maximum comfort and energy savings. Take advantage of our AC maintenance services to optimize performance and service life. We also offer skilled air conditioner repairs for customers in the Easton, PA area.
Call us at 610-438-9300 or request an estimate online for your new AC installation appointment.