Smart Thermostats are Here to Stay
Your Easton, PA HVAC Experts Highlight the Advantages
Have you found yourself walking into a neighbor or friend’s home and admiring that smooth, gleaming device, with an attractive, digital display and a cool, futuristic appearance? Does it look straight out of a sci-fi movie? These eye-catching devices are smart thermostats, and they are here to stay. In addition to their physical appeal, these devices boast intelligent features that are transforming the lives of people, making everyday living convenient and energy efficient.
The HVAC experts at Comfort Solutions list the advantages of smart thermostats. Read on to know how this small device could make a big impact on your utility bills, as well as other daily tasks.
What Makes the Smart Thermostats So Smart?
- Programmable Features: Unlike a regular thermostat that only allows you to adjust the temperature for heating and cooling, smart thermostats come with a host of added options.
- Set time-and-day-based temperature controls
- Set holiday schedules
- See real-time energy consumption on the display
- Enjoy auto adjustment of temperature, based on ambient conditions
- Control all settings remotely through a mobile or web-based app
These are just some of the features of the smart thermostat. What’s interesting is that by just tapping on a few buttons, you can control your HVAC system from anywhere. A convenient way to come back to a warm and toasty, or cool and comfortable home, depending on the season.
- Significant Cost Saving: Although installing a smart thermostat comes with a higher upfront investment, the many benefits of this device, along with the savings in your utility bills means that it will pay for itself in no time. In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)’s Energy Star program suggests that the proper use of programmable thermostats can lead to $180 savings in your energy costs per year. However, do keep in mind, that the savings on energy bills are influenced by several other factors, such as your home’s insulation, local weather conditions, your temperature preferences, and the age and efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Self-Learning Capabilities: While some smart thermostats offer internet connectivity and control options through your mobile device or computer, there are newer models that take intelligent features to the next level. These devices learn from your control patterns and start auto-programming the functionalities. They can:
- Sense your presence in the house or near it, through geo-fencing technology.
- Recognize the change in heat or humidity levels due to the use of other appliances, such as ovens and freezers.
- Distinguish the areas that have varying levels of insulation or occupancy, and adjust the heating or cooling in those zones, while maintaining your overall preferred temperature.
- Work in coordination with virtual assistants, such as Alexa, or Siri, or compete with them. For example, the Ecobee4 thermostat is capable of responding to verbal commands, integrating with other smart appliances, such as sensor lights and security systems, playing music, responding to questions, reading the news, and much more.
Interested in maximizing the potential of your home’s HVAC system through a smart thermostat? The expert team at Comfort Solutions HVAC will be happy to do a free in-home estimate and suggest the right device, based on your requirements and budget. We could also walk you through bundling upgrades for your air conditioner or furnace.
Make a smart addition to your Easton, PA home today. Call Comfort Solutions HVAC at 610-438-9300 to explore various options for smart thermostats and feel free to request a no-obligation quote.