New Year’s Resolutions for Your Heating and Cooling Systems
Money-Saving Tips from Your HVAC Team in Easton, PA
It is that time when many of us make resolutions for the New Year. After all, we all want to live long and healthy lives. Your home’s HVAC system plays an important role in your well-being and comfort. It can also help you save money and reduce your carbon footprint. The HVAC specialists at Comfort Solutions share some valuable tips on how to optimize its performance.
5 Ways to Keep Your HVAC Systems Running at Peak Efficiency throughout the Year
- Change the air filter regularly: The basic rule is to do it every 3 months. However, we recommend replacing your filter every 2 months if you have pets at home or any members of your family suffer from allergies. Clogged filters make your HVAC system work harder and use more energy. They also cause frequent breakdowns. Make a schedule to help you remember and keep to it.
- Install a smart thermostat: When used correctly, this can be one of the most cost-effective investments for your home. It helps create a schedule based on when your family is home and away to significantly reduce your energy usage. Studies show that for every degree you lower (in winter) or raise (in summer) the temperature, you can save up to 2% on your utility bills.
- Improve your indoor air quality: This involves eliminating or reducing indoor pollutants like pollen, dirt and dust. One way to do this is to increase the amount of fresh air in your home by improving ventilation and the second is installing an air purifier. According to some reports, air purifiers with a HEPA filter remove about 99.9% of dust particles and impurities from the air. This includes pollen, mold, spores, pet dander, and/or dust mites.
- Replace an old HVAC system as soon as possible: If your furnace and air conditioner are 10 to 15 years old, they are likely functioning at 70% efficiency or less. This means it is costing you more money to heat and cool your home. According to some estimates, newer high-efficiency models can reduce your bills by up to 30% as well as make you more comfortable.
- Schedule preventative maintenance: One of the simplest ways to increase the efficiency and lifespan of your HVAC system is regular maintenance. Scheduling annual inspections, cleaning and repairs is a budget-friendly way to maintain your furnace and air conditioner or heat pump.
At Comfort Solutions HVAC, our maintenance programs follow manufacturer and Energy Star recommendations. You can depend on our N.A.T.E. Certified technicians to optimize your system’s lifespan. Our cost-effective repair, installation, and replacement services will keep your home in Easton, PA comfortable for years to come.
Call us at 610-438-9300 for your furnace, AC or heat pump maintenance appointment or request an estimate online.