A Guide from Your Trusted HVAC Technicians
We spend a lot of our time indoors, especially when the seasons change, and spending time outdoors is not an easy option. Opening up the windows for fresh air is also not a possibility. For this reason, the quality of your indoor air becomes an extremely significant health concern. Indoor air quality refers to the quality of air in your home or other building environment and it may not always be as clean as you think it is. Poor indoor air quality can affect everyone who lives in the home, especially children and people with underlying medical conditions such as asthma, allergies or lung disease.
At Comfort Solutions HVAC, our experts want to make sure your HVAC system supports good indoor air quality by providing high-quality air filtration and humidification products and services to keep your home clean and safe.
Signs and Symptoms of Poor Indoor Air Quality
Ensuring good indoor air quality can reduce your exposure to indoor air pollutants that typically lead to a wide range of adverse health effects. This is especially important during the COVID-19 outbreak, where airborne transmission of the virus is possible in indoor spaces with poor ventilation which results in poor air quality. Here are some common signs that poor indoor air quality is affecting your health:
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat
- Headaches, fatigue, dizziness, and nausea
- Worsening allergies or asthma symptoms
- Respiratory diseases such as heart disease or lung cancer
In addition to these symptoms, some common indoor air pollutants can also have the following effects:
- Radon: This gas is recognized as a human carcinogen and has been linked to causing lung cancer.
- Carbon Monoxide: In short-term exposure, carbon monoxide is toxic and in higher levels it can be lethal.
- Legionella Bacterium: This bacterium has been linked to Legionnaires’ disease, a type of pneumonia, that is associated with buildings that have poorly maintained HVAC systems.
- Asthma Triggers: Dust, mold, pet dander and tobacco smoke can trigger episodes involving shortness of breath and wheezing in people with asthma.
Every homeowner should make healthy indoor air a top priority. At Comfort Solutions HVAC, our highly trained and experienced technicians can help you determine the source of the pollutant and provide easy and affordable solutions that will ensure proper ventilation in the home. Unlike many other HVAC companies, we’ve chosen to work exclusively on residential systems so our experts can be available to you when you need them. We can resolve many of your indoor air quality concerns and help make sure your home is a safe and comfortable space for you and your loved ones all year round.
Improve your home’s indoor air quality through better management of the filtration, humidity, and ventilation aspects of your HVAC system. For best results, count on the experts at Comfort Solutions. Call us at 610-438-9300 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.