Exploring the Different Types of AC Systems
A Helpful Guide from Your Trusted HVAC Technicians
Whether you want to upgrade your existing air conditioning system or are purchasing a new unit for the first time, choosing the right one for your home can be challenging if you don’t know where to begin. With so many types of air conditioners available on the market, we understand how easy it is to get overwhelmed by all the possibilities. After all, your AC system represents a significant investment, so the professionals at Comfort Solutions HVAC want to make sure you are getting your money’s worth by helping you determine which one is right for your home.
What are the Different Types of AC Systems?
There are several features of AC systems that you need to consider before investing in one; such as, its size, quality, cost and so much more. Our goal is to make it easy for you to make the best choice for your family, home, and budget. Read on to learn more about each type of AC system you have to choose from.
- Central Air Conditioner: A central air conditioner is the most common type of cooling system. It is ideal in larger homes, thanks to its ability to cool much more efficiently than other systems. Cool air is circulated through a series of supply and return ducts and carried into the home through the vents in your walls or floors. Once the air becomes warm, it is returned through the same channels where it is transported back to your AC unit.
- Ductless, Mini-Split Air Conditioner: Similar to central air, these systems feature an outdoor compressor/condenser in addition to an indoor handling unit. If you want to only cool certain rooms in your home while they are in use, this may be the system for you. Each zone will have its own thermostat, giving you the opportunity to adjust the temperature for each room according to your specific needs.
- Window Air Conditioner: This compact unit is installed in the window of a room and will provide cooling for that space. A window unit works by pushing warm air out of the back and blowing cool air into your home. Since they are unable to circulate air throughout the home, these systems are best for those who live in smaller spaces.
- Portable Air Conditioner: A portable air conditioner is similar to a window unit and works by taking in air from the room, cooling it, and circulating it back into the room. Warm air is forced outside through an exhaust hose that is installed in a window. This type of system is specifically designed to cool only one room, but it is an extremely effective, versatile, and affordable option if you are working on a tight budget.
- Hybrid Air Conditioner: In order to save you money and energy, hybrid air conditioners are able to intelligently choose between burning fossil fuels or using electricity to operate. In the summer, warm air is pulled from your home and redistributed outside. In the winter, the system works in reverse.
- Geothermal Heating & Cooling: For a sustainable, energy efficient option, look to geothermal technology. This type of system relies on ground temperature to heat and cool your home through the installation of geothermal coils. In the winter, the system of coils will extract heat from the earth and pull it into your home, while in the summertime; the coils will distribute the heat from your home back into the earth.
If you need help choosing, installing or maintaining your AC system, Comfort Solutions HVAC has you covered. Our highly skilled and knowledgeable contractors specialize in helping residents throughout Easton PA and the surrounding areas by providing the highest quality HVAC products and services. Aside from educating you on the different types of AC systems, we can help you select the one that is best for your home and budget. We understand that a new AC System is no small investment. That’s why we offer honest and competitive pricing quotes, so you can be sure that you will not encounter any hidden fees before we get to work.
Get in touch with the trusted professionals at Comfort Solutions HVAC. We can help determine what type of AC unit is suitable for your specific needs. Call 610-438-9300 or contact us online.