You have done your annual maintenance, and you replace your air conditioner’s filter regularly. In the middle of summer when you need your air conditioner the most, it decides to blow nothing but warm air. Hot air coming from the vents is a common complaint received by our HVAC specialists. Luckily, the fix is relatively simple for our team, because we have the tools, training and experience.
When your AC unit is generating warm or hot air instead of fresh, cool air, you have a few issues that might be at play.
Common reasons for an air conditioner to blow warm air:
- Thermostat Problems – The most common reason for warm air is your thermostat. Do the obvious inspection and see if it is set to the right temperature. If that does not work, your issue might be a connection between the thermostat and the AC unit.
- Airflow – Airflow restrictions can force AC units to blow warm air instead of cold air. Restrictions prevent enough air from moving through your ductwork and getting inside the home, and eventually the outdoor unit freezes over.
- Electricity – If the outdoor unit is not receiving adequate amounts of power, it does not generate cold air. Sometimes this occurs from faulty wiring, while other times there could be a tripped breaker, a blown fuse, or electrical issues in the unit itself.
- Age – An air conditioner’s first indicator that it is time for a replacement is when it stops generating cold air.
- Refrigerant – Low or no coolant results in warm air. The refrigerant is what helps the air conditioner produce cold air. Therefore, you may have a leak causing you to lose valuable refrigerant.
To have your air conditioner issues diagnosed or for a no obligation quote on a new air conditioner unit, contact Comfort Solutions HVAC in Easton, PA. We can diagnose, repair, replace, and maintain your air conditioner. Request a free estimate for all your HVAC system services or call 610-438-9300 to schedule a service appointment.