You rely on your furnace at this time of the year to keep you warm, but is your furnace trying to tell you something? While your furnace is still working, it may be giving off signs that it needs replacement. If you can listen and see those symptoms, you might catch the problem before you have a furnace that decides to stop working in the dead of winter.
Here are five ways to tell you need a new furnace:
- Age: The average life expectancy for a household furnace runs from 16 to 20 years. To get the maximum years out of your furnace, you need to maintain it year-round and change filters. Regardless, if your furnace is 16 years or older, you may need a replacement sooner than you think.
- Energy Costs on the Rise: Are your energy costs skyrocketing each winter and you cannot figure out why? If you have tackled the usual issues of sealing air leaks, maintenance on your HVAC system, and using your thermostat wisely, the culprit could be your furnace. Older units consume more energy than newer, and as they age, the consumption worsens.
- Excessive Repairs: Once a furnace reaches its end-of-life, it continues to break down and bring on costly repairs. Save yourself the hassle and money with frequent maintenance by replacing it in good time. A new furnace comes with a manufacturer warranty, which means significant repairs are often covered, and you will not have the same repair issues year-after-year.
- Various Temperatures: Does your home have fluctuating temperatures even though the thermostat reads the same temperature? Most likely your furnace is struggling to push air efficiently through your home.
- Extra Noise: A newer furnace is quiet compared to an older furnace. In fact, if you hear rattling, humming, popping, or squealing, your furnace is telling you that it is time to retire.
If your furnace is giving you the signs for replacement, speak with your friendly and knowledgeable comfort technicians at Comfort Solutions HVAC in Easton, PA.
We can come to your home and give you a no-obligation estimate for a new furnace. Today’s units are more efficient, quieter, and reliable. Now is the time to schedule your replacement before the winter rush!
Request an estimate for your new furnace or call us at 610-438-9300 to schedule a consultation for your furnace replacement.